Job Title: Administrative Intern
Sector: Energy and Environment
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
A. About GreenCo Power Services Limited (GreenCo).
GreenCo's vision is to lead innovation and sustainably transform renewable energy markets
- An innovative business model with sector changing potential.
- Focused on creating impact through innovative business solutions in the energy sector.
- Agile start-up culture with a focus on individual responsibility and personal impact.
GreenCo acts as an intermediary offtaker and service provider, purchasing power from renewable IPPs and selling that electricity to utilities and private sector offtakers (i.e. commercial and industrial users) and markets of the SAPP. GreenCo will mitigate the risk of purchaser default through an ability to secure alternative buyers or through short-term trading on the SAPP electricity markets. Through its participation in competitive power markets, GreenCo will promote cross-border power transactions and a more dynamic and liquid short-term power market. Through its activities, GreenCo will increase the supply of, and demand for, finance for energy projects, and mobilise private sector capital more quickly towards critical and transformative capacity addition.
GreenCo is a women-led first of its kind creditworthy renewable energy buyer and trader licenced to operate in Zambia by the Energy Regulation Board (ERB). GreenCo’s ambition is to hire young upcoming professionals and provide them with an opportunity to enter the energy sector. GreenCo is an equal opportunity employer but recognises that young female professionals have not had adequate opportunities to enter the energy sector, therefore they are encouraged to apply.
B. The Administrative Intern
GreenCo invites ambitious and talented young professionals to apply for the position of Administrative Intern, at its regional hub in the Lusaka office. Details about the role are provided below.
Key duties overview:
The selected candidate will be expected to undertake the following tasks:
- Compliance matters:
- Updating the compliance tracking system to ensure all compliance matters are included and it is up to date. Monitoring the system and ensuring that relevant persons are aware of any related timing actions and deadlines.
- Compilation of reports in compliance with corporate policies and guidelines and servicing of health and safety equipment in the office (First aid box, fire extinguishers).
- Filing necessary company documents with the Patents and Companies Registration Agency (PACRA), Energy Regulation Board (ERB), and any other statutory bodies the company is required to submit returns to, including updating compliance records. Supporting the same for other group companies with the applicable company secretaries.
- Office Management:
- Providing administrative support to the CEO and respective management units, which will include procuring and maintaining office supplies, preparation for meetings and logistics.
- Conduct safety briefing to visitors to the office.
- Supervising support staff such as cleaning staff, drivers and contractors carrying out periodic works to office equipment, fittings, and furniture.
- Other Matters:
- Conducting research on various matters related to the company operations when requested and preparation of summaries.
- Drafting letters and other correspondence under the supervision of the CEO and line managers. Manage and file incoming mail and notify the CEO and respective line managers.
- Any other duties and responsibilities assigned from time to time by management.
C. Qualifications and Requirements:
The candidate is expected to bring a combination of the following experience, personal attributes and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised university, with Company/ Business Law, Business Administration, and management components.
- Relevant work experience preferred
- Experience in the energy sector will be an added advantage.
- Excellent working knowledge of computer programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural work environment.
D. Other terms:
- Based primarily in GreenCo Power Services headquarters in Lusaka, with occasional remote working accepted.
- This is a full-time role and whilst the normal working week is 40 hours, it is expected that the ideal candidate will be prepared to both work and travel as required to fulfil the objectives of the business.
E. Conflict of Interest Potential conflicts of interest must be declared and discussed prior to this appointment
Closing date for applications: 30th June 2022